Players will begin to understand “tennis talk” and learn basic tennis skills on a MODIFIED court
appropriate for their physical size and ability. The use of smaller
racquets and oversized foam balls allow the players to LEARN while they are PLAYING! High-energy skill based activities that promote teamwork & build self-confidence will be used daily.
All camp weeks are open to both age groups!
Camps will be staffed according to weekly registration, so that we can properly group based on both age and ability.
During pool time, players will be closely monitored by lifeguards on site, as well as, coached with WSI Certification.
· Low player-Coach ratios will ensure quality instruction
· Developmental Court System and ability groups offered to better meet each child’s needs
· Daily “Fit Kid” sessions
· Encourage both physical and emotional growth.
· Daily supervised swimming & games
· genesis tennis Camps will travel to local neighborhoods upon request
Players will begin to play on a 60’ court with low compression balls that are the same size as a regulation tennis ball. As the players progress, they will transition to the full court. Students will begin to rally with each other working on basic patterns of play and strategy. Players will work on and rotate between match play, strategy sessions,
advanced stroke development and conditioning.